Committed To Site Selection Best Practices
Bibb County Industrial Parks Designated As AT&T Fiber Ready
Our core mission of creating jobs for a sustainable and vibrant future for Macon-Bibb depends on our capacity to brand our city as a top site for locating new industry sites. We are committed to site selection best practices as we build new models for attracting new businesses and assisting with the expansion of existing businesses.
The AT&T Fiber Ready designation notifies businesses of our ability to deliver advanced 21st century services. The branding of this capability in our industrial parks will help to stimulate innovation and create sustainable high-paying jobs in Macon-Bibb.
Mr. Terry Smith, AT&T Midwest Georgia Regional Director, External Affairs presented two certificates of Fiber Ready Designation for two industrial parks: Ocmulgee East and I-75 Business Park to MBCIA Chairman Cliffard Whitby at the June board meeting.
Please take a moment to read our joint press release. Click Fiber Ready – News Release – Bibb County to open and read the full release.
Georgia Small Business Week 2016
Click on the graphic to see the full list of Small Biz Champions! #GaSmallBiz
2015 Highlights & Year-In-Review
- Facilitated strategic planning retreat with community partners.
- Relocation of headquarters to Downtown Macon.
- Strengthened our intergovernmental partnership with the Macon Water Authority.
- Increased brand awareness and digital presence to attract new industry and interest in strategic assets.
- Fostered regional collaboration through the MBCIA’s custom Local Vendor Program.
- Hosted first Annual Local Contractor, Vendor, and Small Business Appreciation Luncheon.
- BIG PARTNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT COMING IN JANUARY 2016!
- Industrial Highway: acquisition of 116.72 acres.
- Mid City Square: acquisition of 3 parcels of land with the Land Bank Authority.
- MBCIA Headquarters: acquired 11,171 sq. ft. of office space at 439 Mulberry Street.
- Revitalization strategy launched with the purchases of the Cassidy property in August and the Schofield Building in September.
- Kumho Tire hired 260 people.
- First batch of cucumbers delivered for processing to Mr. Chips.
- Ongoing job training by Quick Start and on-the-job training happening at Kumho Tire.
- Partnership with Macon-Bibb’s Small Business Administration Office.
- First Quality Announcement to bring 200+ jobs to Middle Georgia.
- Boeing Announcement to retain its plant operations and to reinvest in new job opportunities for commercial fuselage parts production in Middle Georgia.
- Kumho Tire construction site nearing 95% (2016 Certificate of Occupancy expected in weeks).
- Launched social media presence on all industry standard platforms.
- Launched our first content-rich email campaign and eNewsletter entitled “The Authority”.
- Attended Poverty In Action Summit at Mercer University.
- Presented a $26,000.00 check to the Bibb County School District’s “The Leader In Me” program currently being piloted at Burdell-Hunt Magnet and Sonny Carter Elementary schools.
- Hosted first Annual Open House.
Innovation & Higher Education Initiatives
- Partnered with Middle Georgia State University’s Aviation Program and the Macon Downtown Airport in East Macon.
- Partnered with Mercer University to launch Middle Georgia’s first “Innovation Incubator” known as the Mercer Innovation Center.
- Established five co-working spaces to support local high growth entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Toured the Atlanta Tech Village with community partners to initiate discourse about the knowledge economy and attracting/keeping new talent in Macon-Bibb.