The Macon advantage is our location in Middle Georgia and our transportation infrastructure that makes shipping, distribution, and access easy.
Experience the Macon Advantage.
Macon-Bibb County offers world-class business opportunities at a competitive cost of business.
Join Macon's Vibrant Community.
Macon is a small city with a big personality, rich in history, and ready for you to explore.
Equipped to Meet Industry Needs.
Our skilled workforce, first-rate transportation infrastructure, and favorable business environment make Macon the best place for your business to thrive.
Macon is Home to
Macon’s central location benefits food processing companies.
Food ProcessingLEARN MORE
Warehousing & Distribution
Macon makes warehousing and distribution simple.
Warehousing & DistributionLEARN MORE
Macon has the infrastructure and workforce to lead.
Advanced ManufacturingLEARN MORE
- Located just 1.25 hours south of Atlanta
- Two major interstate highways: I-75 (N-S), I-16 (E-W)
- Four deepwater ports within five hours
- Norfolk Southern Railroad’s largest switching yard in the Southeast
- Three nearby airports: Hartsfield International Airport (within 1.5 hours), Middle Georgia Regional Airport (10 mi from downtown Macon), and Macon Downtown Airport (5 mi from downtown Macon)
The Macon Advantage includes our people, place and services. We have a lot to offer.
- Convenient location
- Competitive business costs
- Skilled and capable workforce
- Industry training programs
- Commitment to economic development
- Culturally-diverse community
- Quality K-12 schools
- Seven local universities and colleges
- Vibrant arts and culture community
Numerous businesses and industries are investing, growing, and thriving in Macon. Read stories from some of the companies below:
MBCIA partners with industries from around the world to increase investment and the tax base of the Macon-Bibb County area, drive economic development, and create and retain jobs in our community. Since 2017, MBCIA worked to accomplish the following:
- 2,500 new jobs created
- 750 jobs retained
- $1.3 billion in new private investment
- 2 million sqft in new construction
”"The expansion of our Macon distribution center is part of our focus on continuous improvement and commitment to customer service."Gregg UeckerSenior Vice President of Network Planning and Integration, Tyson Foods
”"After a thorough analysis of our manufacturing needs and the available local resources, it was clear that Macon-Bibb County was ideal for this capital investment."Michael DossPresident & CEO, Graphic Packaging International
”"We are excited about the opportunity Macon will offer our company to grow with existing and new customers by allowing us to provide greater services for them."Jay JanickeVice President of Sales, Mr. Chips